Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Maroon 5

I'm finally off today after what seemed like a marathon work schedule. I'd have to look, but I don't think I worked more than five days in a row, but when your store is one of the few in this small mountain town I'm currently in, it's always insanely busy. The past couple of days, I'd finally had a break from the register, which is what I seem to do mostly. The customers are probably 85% nice, but there's that 15% leftover of mostly mean old ladies, and they just seemed to have all joined together and said, "let's go pick on the workers at..." So, I had it with register and people just degrading me. With fitting room, there's no attendant at my store, so you have to empty all the rooms (which are always full of junk) and then put all the clothes back up in the store. I thankfully didn't have any horror stories (that I remember anyway) that fellow co-workers have expressed in the past. One time a kid peed on the floor because their mom was too caught up in her shopping to take her poor kid to the bathroom. Another time, someone dumped a bunch of clothes on the floor and someone I work with went to pick them up only to discover them dripping in urine. *shudders* People are so disgusting sometimes.


I HATE
As far as music goes, I almost have too many songs that I want to cover. I hate that when I'm at work, I'll suddenly have an idea, but I never have any time to write them down. I sometimes wish I could just write my entries right then and there, but obviously that's not going to happen. When I work fitting room, I'm more aware of the music playing in which I notice more of the repetition of songs. One of the groups most guilty of this is Maroon 5. I can't stand Maroon 5's music. There's at least 3 songs I hear every single day that I work by them; "Love Somebody", "Maps", and "Daylight". "Maps" is played like clockwork after an ad by "The Blend" that combines three music clips from songs with the word "love" in them, which incidentally includes "Love Somebody", Amy Grant's "That What Love Is For" and Faith Hill's "The Way You Love Me" (*vomits*). This happens every single time.
"Daylight" I'm wondering if it has something to do with vampires. He says, "when the daylight comes I'll have to go, but tonight I'm gonna hold you so close". I guess I'm actually romanticising his actions a bit, because for all I know, he might just have to work in the morning. Or, he could be one of those scumbags that leaves immediately after sex. I guess it depends on their individual arrangement. Did they use this song in one of those "Twilight" movies? Upon further investigation, the song's meaning isn't explained. That's fine and all because whatever writings, art, etc I come up with, it usually ends up being left up to interpretation. If you read the wiki entry for "Daylight" (linked above), you'll see much harsh criticism towards this song. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

"Love Somebody" makes me want to punch somebody. I'm probably misinterpreting this song also, but sounds like another asshole guy, here pressuring this girl to have sex with him. "I'm only halfway baby, but take me all the wayy". Is he referring to blue balls? Aren't blue balls a myth anyhow? I see in the text of the Wiki entry that one of those assholes (again, they're probably all really nice guys!) from OneRepublic helped write this crap-fest. I'll save my OneRepublic distaste for another entry.
uh oh!
I remember seeing Adam Levine in the first episode of the second season of "American Horror Story". I'll have to re-watch it, but if I remember right he gets killed in that episode. I'm sure he's a nice guy and blah blah blah, but damn, sometimes when hear his music enough to makes you want to kill the guy. Sorry Adam and co!
Tea Will Be Loved, get it? Remember when Snapple was good? I think it went downhill after The Snapple Lady left. Watch all those great old commercials HERE.

I used to hear another one of their songs when I worked at a beauty supply store "She Will Be Loved". That song just grates on my nerves, so at least with their newer songs, they're consistent. "Moves Like Jagger" is another one, but probably not soft enough for work radio station status. My husband had a conversation with a co-worker of his where he found out the poor guy didn't even know who this Jagger character was. hahaha MICK JAGGER!! I guess they never heard the Rolling Stones. Do they live under a rock (nice pun!)? No one "moves like Jagger", in yer dreams!

I watch "Project Runway" and one of the contestants is related to one of the members of Maroon 5. She would say something along the lines of her brother being a "rock star". Ugh, I think he'd have to play rock music to ever be considered as such. I've always hated that "rock star" term anyway. All Maroon 5 songs sound less than natural to me. I can't imagine a live band playing these songs. It all sounds like the result of a couple of keyboards and a drum machine.  Maroon 5 seems to be the new Matchbox 20 as far as soft rock stations go. They're constantly played on rotation with annoying "unique" lead vocalists. I still hear some Matchbox 20 at work unfortunately. The only thing different about Matchbox 20 though is it sounds like actual guitars, etc. I didn't think I could dislike Maroon 5 anymore because they just made me give a slight compliment to Matchbox 20. Bastards! haha. Also, there's way too many "name and number" bands out there. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any good ones. Blink 182? Nope. Eve6? Nope. Sham69? Ah, they're good from what I've heard, I don't know enough of their music though. Effiel65? Nooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment