Saturday, March 14, 2015

I Won't Hold You Back - Toto

This is a YouTube user's video. I couldn't seem to locate an official music video for this song. 

I CAN TOLERATE IT
I don't mind this song, it of course, gets even better when heard at the work in the midst of far inferior songs. I'm not sure where I originally heard this one, but the first time I re-heard it at work, it was super familiar. At first I thought maybe it was a 1980s Bee Gees song, but I looked it up and figured out it was Toto. My dad had a few Toto records, so I probably heard it from then. There's, I think 7 (6 according to the picture below) guys in Toto. I've always referred to them as a band of "ugly secretaries". Sorry guys, they're a super nerdy lookin' bunch, and added to that equation are the wonderful shades of tan that is early 1980s mainstream fashion. But, I do absolutely love to see bands of pretty much average looking guys succeed in popular music, especially in these appearance obsessed times. 
They're still better looking than glam rock group Mud

"The Blend" usually plays this song either late at night (around 9pm-10pm) or on Sundays. I'm guessing it's too un-hip for their listening base? Who knows. All I know is I'd rather hear Toto than crap like Capital Cities and Passenger's "Let Her Go". Check out the "WhoSampled.com" entry for "I Won't Hold You Back". It has been sampled in 9 songs, very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment